IMD and IML have become one of the main methods for plastic decoration in the world, in place of traditional methods such as painting, silk-screen printing and pad printing. IMD and IML is now widely known as the only method which can meet designers' high level demands for beauty.
*IMD is a technology for performing simultaneous decoration using a transfer foil using a transfer foil inside an Injection Mold thus it is known as "In-mold decoration" in short.
- Considerable cost benefit for mass production.
- As the process for molding and decoration occur simultaneously, there is significant savings in floor space and processing time.
- Since the ink layer is thin, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are not only significantly reduced, but reductions in wastes and the efficient utilization of energy also become possible due to excellent yields.
- Since the process occurs in clean environment, there is no risk of environmental contamination by organic solvents, etc.
- The system can reproduce a metallic effect, the luster of pearl, gloss, matte, wood grain, piano black, surface texture and other various artistic expressions,with high-precision positioning accuracy.
- Complex 3D geometries can be decorated with high-quality.
- The surface is protected by superior scratch-resistant hard coating technology.